Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Work-It-Out Mommas!

I'm back mommies! Happy New Year! I was on a serious hiatus to reflect on myself and make some important life decisions.  I decided to be selfish and focus in myself for a while. I sure did miss writing to you all about  the "funnies" in my life!

While I am not a fan of making resolutions around this time, I am an advocate of "new beginnings" and "change".  Today, I ask all of you that have the jelly belly due to pregnancy (or pregnancies) to stop making excuses.  If your children are over the age of 1, they are no longer the reason for the jelly belly!
It is extremely important for all of us to take care of our bodies.  I know some of you may be laughing hearing this from me since I am known to be skinny minnie, or slim, or whatever nickname you want to give me.  All I can say is this...having a body of a chicken isn't cute either....being a slim woman with a belly is like looking at a chicken....LOL

All that said we all have flaws and need some improving...forget that this is coming from me, but rather, accept the words that are being said.

I have used the excuse that I don't have enough time to workout because of the kids, because I'm a working mother, and blah, blah, blah....As you know, I have my 3+2+husband = 7 kids.  I work, and handle most of the domesticated tasks...I even run around like a chicken taking these kids to activities and running their errands....I never considered myself lazy until today.  I have been lazy and have not taken care of my body.  No more.

In 2006, I was diagnosed with glaucoma...yes, a young woman can get glaucoma.  Before close friends start worrying - don't.  I am soooo fine and blessed.  I am in no pain and I see fine. Glaucoma is a disease in the eye.  Quickest way to explain it - I have extremely high eye pressure. If the pressure continues to stay high, I go blind eventually...I don't plan on letting that happen - I need to see my kids clean my dentures when I get older...LMAO...I am on medication and am closely monitored by one of the best doctors in this field.  The medication has reduced my eye pressure significantly, but I must admit - it sucks putting drops in the eyes daily...Anyhow, I digress.  I didn't mention this for people to worry, but to let you all know that you never know what you will be diagnosed with.  Take preventive measures if you can.  My doctor told me another way of living that will help with the glaucoma is exercising - go figure....He says that he notices that people who workout/exercise tend to maintain an even lower eye pressure...


This is a beginning of a new day.  Fab-Abs January Calendar is what I start today.  Will you be joining me? I will also add 20 lunges to the workout and run once a week....I can't believe I said the "R" word...Regardless of what workout schedule you decide, just do it.  Remember....Preventive Measures....No more more jelly belly...LOL



I look forward to mommy chatting with you all in 2013....sharing dinner recipes, and different exercises

Happy New Year!

-a


No comments:

Post a Comment